Thursday 5 May 2011

Evaluation - Who would be the target audience for your media product?

After finishing my magazine, I thought I'd try and find some people who would actually enjoy reading it. I asked a range of people whether they liked it or not, here's how one person reacted:



I guess he didn't like my magazine... So he definately ISN'T my target audience!

My target audience would be teens and young adults who have an interest in rock/metal music...that would look something like this:

I wanted to find out some opinions on my magazine, so I sent a copy of my work to my cousins in London over msn. I thought it'd be fair to get some fresh opinions from people who haven't been working on the same task. This is exactly what they said in the conversation:


Me: What is it about the OFC that makes you want to read my magazine?


Steph: The stars featured in the main image, they suit the genre of music, which would draw people in.


Laura: The size and colour of the font also stands out a lot, the white is a big contrast against what Georgia's wearing, so it'd grab my attention.




Me: What do you think of the contents page?


Laura: I swear I've seen one similar to this...


Steph: That's because it's based on Kerrang! ... noob.


Laura: I knew that...yeah, I like the amount of pictures, it's easy to scan over and see if my favourite bands are featured in it.


Steph: Yeah, I agree...is that Bon Jovi?!


Me: Yep


Steph: NICE!!




Me: How do you think my live review DPS would attract my target audience?


Steph: I like the way you've used a photo from the concert as the background image, it gives a sense of what it was like to have been there.


Laura: Yeah, what with teenagers being avid concert goers


Steph: And what you've written too, the language you've used is exciting and attention grabbing.

1 comment: