Sunday 10 April 2011

Layering my OFC photo.

I have FINALLY figured out how to use GIMP. I tried to look through the instructions manual...but it made no sense...at all! So after...25ish mins of fiddling with GIMP, I've finally figured out how to master layering! :D At first I started playing with layers trying to cut out the text on one of the layers so the heads would be infront of the text...this didn't work in the slightest (to be fair I've never edited properly before).

Eventually I found this method: First I placed the text on the image:

Then I zoomed in and used the eraser tool to erase a part of the layer: (baring in mind..these aren't finished so thats why they dont look good at the moment)

After finishing that, I merged the layer into the orignal layer, and here's the layering finished:

And heres it out of GIMP:


I'm very happy with how this turned out seeing as I never thought I could get anywhere close to actually being able to layer photos! :D

1 comment:

  1. for some reason the layout of this post wont go right ¬¬ I'll try to sort it out on the iMacs. I dont think my netbook likes blogger :P

    ReplyDelete