Monday 28 February 2011

Deciding on my target audience using SAGEL

I can decide on my target audience by using SAGEL.


Socio Economic Group

Age

Gender

Ethnicity

Lifestyle


I'm going to use SAGEL to help me distinguish what my target audience is, it'll be easier because it'll be sorted into sections to help create one idea of an target audience.


The social class will consist of emo/greb style, as this is the type of music they would listen to.

The age will be for teens and young adults (approx 14-21) but it is also fine for other ages to read it also


The gender will be both male and female - I've decided this because magazines existing today (e.g Kerrang!) were originally aimed at men, but women still bought it, so the gender doesn't really matter - it's all about the music! :D


I'm aiming to appeal to all ethnic groups, because once again, it's all about the music! :D


The people who read this will obviously have big interests in music. They could be keen gig attenders.


My target audience will look something like this:

2 comments: