Wednesday 16 February 2011

Summary Post

I have done some research on music magazines. The research I have done is helping towards making my decisions on my magazine.

Music magazines always have a title that is music related, for example: Kerrang! is supposed to be the sound of the feedback of a guitar. Q is also another example, it was going to be called "Cue" but reader's would've related that to snooker instead of music. I will make my title music related.

Usually, the main image is of the main band featured in the issue. The conventional style of shot is a mid close up, but some magazines do tend to use long shots and close ups. For my magazine, I'm going to do a live review, so one of my better photos will be presented on the OFC. This would mean breaking the convention of mid close ups, it'd be a long shot.

The colour palette is usually limited to 3 or 4 colours, if there were more it'd look extremely cluttered and unorganised. Although some magazines can use more colours, for example, NME used more colours to emphasise the main theme of that weeks issue: it was a issue with the Top 50 Druggiest albums - so it suited the theme. For my magazine, I will use the conventional amount of colours.

The selllines are also music related, for example Kerrang!'s sellline is "Life is Loud".

Inside the magazine, the interviews are posted in columns with photos supporting the text. Sometimes there are extra boxes with text that isnt related to the same topic as the interview, but with the same band.

No comments:

Post a Comment